Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's Official

The biopsy came back positive for cancer. I guess they'll have to do the usual final pathology to see if it's the same cancer Mike has had before, but we don't even need the confirmation. We know it's true.
I think I'm numb right now. Part of me is just relieved to finally have the news, the other part of me is terrified. This is one BFP we never ever wanted.
I don't know where we go from here. I know Mike's airhead of an oncologist will meet with the team and they'll probably suggest another bone-marrow transplant. I'm having none of that. I will not let him be their guinea pig. I will not let them put him through hell -- again -- because it might work. Screw that.
There is a better way and we will find it. We're tired of this roller-coaster ride and we want to get off.

15 comments:

Miss Tori said...

I'm so sorry that Mike's cancer has returned. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Melanie said...

I'm really sorry that Mike's cancer has returned. You both will be in my prayers!!!!! I don't know where you guys have gone for treatment.. but I can tell you MD Anderson is fantastic! You guys are in my prayers!!

A and J said...

Lauren...I will be thinking of you both. Sending ((hugs))I am so very sorry that you are going through this.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Lauren I am so so so very sorry about Mike. I just don't get it, I wish I knew why such horrible things happen to such great people. Just know that you 2 have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I am so, so sorry. This is just totally unfair. You guys will be in my prayers big time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're both going through this... I'll be praying for you both...

Michelle
IVF

Nikki said...

Lauren - I am so so sorry that Mike's cancer has returned. There is nothing that I can say that will make things better, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

heavenlytini said...

i'm so sorry it has returned, i'll be praying for you both, i'm so sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lauren I am so so sorry to hear Mikes cancer has returned. I'll never understand why things like this have to happen to such good people. I have been wondering how you two were doing. Please know you and Mike will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Many BIG ((((HUGS))) for you two.

The Vincents said...

I am really sorry about this sad news that you and Mike are dealing with again. I hope that you find someway to make it through this. It simply does not make sense to me. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lauren--Words aren't enough to say how I feel about this news. I know exactly what you mean about not making him a "guinea pig." My heart/prayers/tears pour out for you...its not fair. Did I mention that I REALLY hate cancer?! All my best!!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
My heart is breaking for you and your DH. I will say a prayer for you right now that things will work out and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's truly not fair. You have my email if you ever want to talk or reach out to someone, even if its just to vent, ((HUGS))
Heather (from Web MD)

Anonymous said...

Lauren
I am very sorry to hear about Mike's relapse.He is a wonderful person. I often wonder why things don't work out in life the way they should. You both deserve nothing but happiness. I hope love and family get you through this hard time. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. I will be thinking of you both.

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. I will be praying for you both.