I have so much to do, so I'll make this quick. The short version is that we saw our "angel relatives" over the weekend -- the ones who worked behind the scenes to get us our two IVF attempts for virtually nothing. We got to thank them, which we've been waiting a long time to do.
We found out that Leo is still trying to work a deal with an IVF clinic -- he's met with a few, but so far none are interested in doing any pro bono work. Even the hospital where Mike's gotten cancer treatments over the past few years didn't bite. Don't we get frequent patient miles or something?
When she first saw me Thursday night, Leo's wife, Karen (the actual blood cousin -- Leo is the cousin-in-law) got the saddest look on her face, and motioned to me like she wanted to take my face in her hands and squeeze my cheeks. She kept asking how I was doing, and later kept saying to me in her best near-tears voice, "We have to get you a baby...." as she hugged me. Oh, did I mention she was already three sheets to the wind when I arrived? Drunk honesty is the best.
So, much as I wish I could, I can't say the weekend brought any real news about moving closer to more IVF (though we had a great, relaxing weekend with family). To add insult to injury, Mike got a rejection letter in the mail yesterday from a state job he applied for last month. For those who don't know, state jobs have amazing benefits and we would have been sitting pretty if he got the job. The search continues.
2 comments:
Hope that your angel comes through soon.....or an amazing job opportunity for your DH.
Andrea
Your relatives really sound great!
I hope your DH gets a great job he wants soon, and your IVF opportunity comes along soon too!
Post a Comment