Thursday, September 24, 2009

TTCers Funniest Moments

I thought I'd take a little break from all the woe-is-me stuff and lighten things up with some funny stories.

I'd love to hear your amusing TTC tales. There is so much heartache associated with infertility, but everything we go through also brings some comical situations -- having to get partners in the mood at just the right time, crazy places you had to take your injections (I think my strangest was a highway rest stop), awkward moments with the docs, you name it. I'd like to start getting more feedback on my blog, so please share your amusing moments! C'mon, we all have stories!

2 comments:

apieceofwood said...

Probably not the most funniest at all, but on my third transfer, legs akimbo in stirrups, the right stirrup collasped, leaving my leg dangling down the side of the bed still strapped in.. left leg still high in the air and two people inbetween my legs doing the transfer. Loads of people rush forward to deal with my leg whilst I go bright red at the sight of so many people trying to hoist my leg back up whilst the Doc and the embie person continue to concentrate between my legs...

Nikki said...

Oh there have been so many weird moments. A couple that stand out:
1) I had just finished an u/s and the RE had walked out of the room. I stood up to put on my clothes and while I was standing there butt naked, the RE walked back in the room because he had forgotten to tell me something! It's one thing being on display in the stirrups, and totally another thing standing naked in front of your RE with just your shirt on. I grabbed the sheet that I was covered with, but still...

2) One time the same RE walked into the room and noticed that I had that cover sheet tucked in under me on the sides. He said "The sheet is not meant to be a skirt you know" :-)