Well, it was nice living in denial for about 48 hours. Mike called the state-sponsored-insurance folks this morning, and, after waiting on hold for 15 minutes, was made to leave his name and number for someone to call him back. He gave them until 1:00, then called them again and waited until he got a live person. The answer was just what we feared -- we cannot get any of these plans because we have access to insurance through our employer (regardless of the fact that our employer's plan doesn't provide the services we need). The lady told Mike that this insurance is only for people who otherwise have no insurance. Well, you know what? We may as well have no insurance because when it comes to IVF we're in the same boat as those with no coverage at all!
I think Mike has it right -- we should just both quit our jobs, go on assistance and get freebies through the government. After all, why work our asses off to get what other people are getting for free? If lazy people can litter the planet with kids, why can't we? I am just so frustrated right now.
Part of my letdown is my own fault. I already let my mind start planning out the next few months. I was already thinking about when to meet with our new RE, how to transfer our records (and sperm), when to start acupuncture again, etc. I was already letting my heart hope again. My mistake. I should have just stayed in the depths of despair where I had a comfy little place all to myself.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry hon! I have the same sentiments. Sometimes I think I should become and unemployed meth addict and then I will probably get pregnant with no problem.
SO FRUSTRATING!
Big hugs hon!
Post a Comment