The other day, Mike had another idea for us -- why not look into buying an individual insurance plan from the state?
The other day, in an effort to visualize things in my mind, and get all our possibilities out on paper, I wrote out a list of our different financing options, e.g., take out a loan, save for the full amount, accept my grandparents' offer to help, etc. I left the list on the coffee table, and when Mike read it the following day, he said it broke his heart. That wasn't my intention, of course, but that prompted him to begin poking around on the internet, seeing what state-sponsored plans he could find. He said he wanted to find out for sure, so that it might at least give me some peace. Again, since we live in a mandated state, it appears all the insurance plans he looked at offer some kind of infertility coverage. I wrote out a list of questions, and he's going to make some phone calls tomorrow to see what he can find out.
I need some major prayers, blogosphere. I don't know much about all this insurance mumbo jumbo, but I'm willing to bet that our biggest obstacle will be getting a plan through the state when we have insurance offered through work. Plus, insurance companies aren't in business to lose money. I'm sure they have all the angles covered, and I know I'm not the first person to think they could get an insurance company to pay for a one-time procedure only to drop them when it's done.
Mike's going to call me at work in the morning after he gets more information. More to come.....
No comments:
Post a Comment