Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Search for the Perfect Pants

I officially hate shopping for pants. And now, I'm getting close to loathing shopping altogether.

I need new work/casual pants, and I've needed them for a while now. I tried in vain to find pants several months ago, but after failing miserably, I realized I could just buy some capris and I'd be all set until the fall.

Enter fall. Now I'm back on the hunt and I hate it. Why are well-fitting pants so difficult to find? Maybe it's the 30,000 styles there are to choose from. There are short, tall, regular, slim fit, relaxed fit, easy fit, classic fit, comfort fit, tapered leg, straight leg, wide leg, boot leg, flare. If I'm lucky enough to find something I like (and that fits right), the pants are too long (I'm 5'3"). Men can go into a store, pick up a color and size that suits them, pay for the pants and go home. I don't think I've ever seen Mike try on clothing at a store before buying. He can't understand why women can't do the same. Men just don't get it.

Any favorite store suggestions? (Oh, and I could also use some new shoes.....)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I guess women really are more difficult. Some don't like boot cut, some don't like flare. Though a straight leg looks good on just about everyone. Anyway sorry about your pants woes. I personally like Kohls, but they don't always have what I want. Good luck on your hunt!

Nikki said...

I agree - I hate pant shopping too. I hate trying them on and feeling miserable, and trying more pants and feeling more miserable!

I like Banana Republic. For work pants, sometimes I've found decent ones at Van Heusen. Otherwise Gap. Kohls is good too - but look only in the petite section. The others are too long. I'm of similar height as you, and HATE the long pants :-)

Have fun!