As I wait for tonight's ALCS game to begin, I thought I'd share a really good resource with all my blogger buddies and anyone else who might stumble across this site.
Last year, Mike and I learned about an integrated energy healing system called Tong Ren. It was developed by a Chinese-American acupuncturist who combined Eastern and Western healing modalities in order to treat and heal countless ailments. Tam's theory says that diseases and conditions occur when proper electrical currents in the body are interrupted by blockages -- often found in the spine, neck and brain. When you release those blockages, the body's cells, muscles, organs, etc., get the signals needed to once again function normally. We came to this system due to Mike's cancer, and we have been working with therapists who are helping us address Mike's blockages and open them up so his body won't keep producing cancer cells. Cancer is probably the biggest thing the practitioners treat, and they heal so many, many people. Some patients do Western therapies along with Tong Ren, others do only Tong Ren (some along with acupuncture and Tui Na massage). Tong Ren practitioners have treated and healed people with everything from acne to cancer and multiple sclerosis.
The most amazing thing is that Ton Ren is often practiced as a distance healing, and no physical contact is involved. Many therapists treat people over the phone, and have the same results as those treated in Tong Ren classes.
So, by now you probably think this is all really weird and that I've gone "to the dark side" as one friend told Mike. I assure you, I haven't. Tong Ren has absolutely nothing to do with anything mystical, and it has nothing to do with religion of any kind. It's not a cult and it's not voo-doo. It simply has to do with sourcing out people's blockage points and correcting the condition of the body so it can function properly. As a Christian, I would never take part in something that compromised my beliefs.
Why am I sharing this? Well, blogger buddies, many of us know that the roller coaster ride of infertility makes us do some silly things. Some of you may find Tong Ren silly, but Tong Ren also works. Will it work for you? I don't know. But, I'm offering this up as something that may be able to help you in your plight. I don't believe we came upon Tong Ren simply to help us. I believe we were meant to share it with others.
I recently took a Tong Ren seminar, and I'm hoping to use my expanding knowledge to help others. Maybe this will help you. At this seminar, I made a new friend named Kelly. Coincidentally, she also battles infertility issues. She is 40 years old, has a two-year old son, and has been trying for a second. After a miscarriage several months ago, she was mulling over what to do next -- more IUIs, injectables, IVF, etc. She met with one of the acupuncturists/Tong Ren practitioners, who said, "Give me two months." At the second day of the seminar, seven weeks after meeting with the practitioner, she revealed to me that she just got a positive HPT. What her beta and future tests have shown, I don't yet know, but her story wow'd me....
If you'd like more information, you can check Tam's website at: http://www.tomtam.com/
There you will find all the basic information on Tong Ren. You can view TV news clips which will explain things better, read articles, see if there are classes in your area (they're called "guinea pig classes" but don't be scared by the name!), or even check their schedule of free conference calls (this is a great way to get treated right in the comfort of your own home). One note on the classes, be sure to click on "Guinea Pig Class Directory" on the main page to get the full class listing.
I could go on and on (I've already blabbered more than I planned to), but all I really want to do is provide a resource and allow people to investigate and pursue it if they so desire. Let me know if you have any success with it. Whatever brings you to your dreams, I wish you all the best. You deserve it.
1 comment:
Wow this sounds absolutely fascinating! I will definately be checking this out!
Post a Comment