Long time, no post. Yeah, I've just been lazy lately.
The short update is that things are pretty good right now -- basically, the calm before the storm. Mike completed two rounds of chemo and we're now just waiting for him to be admitted for his bone-marrow transplant. As of now, it looks like he'll be admitted to the hospital either the Sunday or Monday right after Thanksgiving to begin the intense chemo that will eliminate his immune system, and then a week later he'll be given donor stem cells to replace his current immunity. From start to finish, Mike will be in the hospital for about five weeks. He'll be in the hospital for Christmas, and maybe New Year's. It's not the timing we wanted, but we're ready to get the show on the road and get this over with.
Today is our fourth wedding anniversary. Throughout the day today I'd be looking at the clock saying to myself, "Around this time four years ago, I was getting my hair done, or I was having my pictures taken, etc." Four years have flown by. This morning, Mike had a dental appointment near our place of work, so he dropped by around noon with a beautiful arrangement of roses (see picture). Everyone in the office was commenting on it all day long.
Mike also did a lot of stuff around the house like making the bed, washing the dishes (which were sitting for a couple of days while we seemed to have a battle of wills) and doing the laundry (which is a darn good thing because I was basically down to only Christmas socks and sports bras).
Yeah, Mike is a pretty good husband. I think I'll keep him.
2 comments:
The flowers are beautiful! Happy Anniversary to you and Mike! Wish you many many many more memorable ones!
Good luck to Mike for his transplant and hospital stay. Good luck and strength to you too, as you carry him through those weeks.
Glad to hear an update from you! Happy Anniversary
Post a Comment