My virtual therapist for dealing with infertility, cancer, faith and the rest of life's trials.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Getting Harder
For a while I've felt the need to get more in touch with my faith. So, for the past month I've been going to a women's bible study at a church we found in the spring. Mike and I have also been making more of an effort to get to Sunday services. We have really been looking for a contemporary home church with a diverse group of people, and especially a lot of young couples. Unfortunately, with young couples come children and babies. At today's service, we were treated to a baby dedication. This couple brought up their adorable boy/girl twins and the pastor did the little introduction and brief prayer ceremony. I don't know what came over me, but I just got welled up with tears and they started streaming down my face. Normally, there wouldn't really be anything about such an event that would set me off, but today it just affected me in a way I never expected. I looked at the beautiful family and felt so shut out. I wondered if that would ever be us up there, and I just felt so hopeless and empty. Seeing people with their children is just getting harder and harder. I know right now my 100% focus should be Mike's impending hospitalization and transplant, but I still manage to keep getting poked in the ribs with this baby business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry Lauren! IF is so hard as it is, and getting blindsided like that just makes it so much harder. I had a similar situation on Friday night. We were at a friend's place, and out of the blue I was told one of the other guests there was pregnant. I could barely mutter congrats, proceeded to have 2 quick glasses of wine and kept shut for the rest of the evening.
I hope you find your church soon, and I hope you find some peace too. Good luck with Mike's transplant and treatment. I'm praying for his health and your strength.
Hugs to you.
Girl, I know what you mean. Our church has a baby dedication EVERY Sunday at EVERY service(there are 3)so no matter what we are greeted with exactly what you are talking about. There have been many a sunday when I've watched with tears streaming down. I just try to think...one day that will be us standing up there.
Going to church is VERY difficult for me as well. It seems like every time we go there is something baby/pregnancy related. It just seems like a total slap in the face.
Hang in there!
i know how you feel just when you think you've forgotten a little something happens and reminds you so hard of what you want. im praying for you and mike's upcoming transplant God has a great plan for you guys health and a family with babies!!!
Post a Comment