Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Resolve Re-cap

It's been a while so I just wanted to give a quick update. Mike and I did attend that Resolve meeting and it was pretty good. The woman who ran the meeting had her own tales of infertility woe -- she now has several children as a result of several processes ranging from a successful IVF birth to international adoption.
The meeting was rather small -- one other couple and then two other married women (their husbands weren't there). We each went around the room and shared our stories, and the group leader shared some thoughts on a variety of topics, including how to deal with insensitive friends and family.
Overall, I'm glad we went. I didn't make any new friends, but then again it was just one night. I'm not sure if I'll go back again -- mainly due to the distance. It's almost an hour from home. In the meantime, I've been trading e-mails with the pastor's wife at our church, seeing if maybe there's a chance we could start a group of our own there. I know we can't be the only couple at church facing this struggle.
In the meantime, our big news is that my in-laws are taking the entire family on a cruise to Bermuda next month! We are so excited and can't wait to get away. This will be our first real vacation in two and a half years, and man, do we need it.

2 comments:

Babysteps said...

I think it's great that you went to a Resolve meeting. I go to ours and have been going for over a year. I have taken breaks when I need them, but mostly, it's been so nice to meet other women and cpls. Though, if it wasn't in the city, I too would have a hard time travelling to the meeting. I think the church group idea sounds good and I hope a group forms because of your initiation. I am also glad that your family is going to vacation together. It sounds great! I know how important trips can be, especially during all the infertility madness. Wishing you luck with everything!!

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear that you went to the meeting and I would say it was a success. At least you went and were able to experience it. I signed up to join a local group once but it wound up being more of a book club for women deciding to live child free after going through IF. This was not where we were in terms of our IF journey so I never did go to the group session. I think it's great that you are talking to your pastor about starting something locally!
I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. I'm glad to hear you are doing something fun and am thrilled for you that Mike's biopsy was negative! Hopefully this is a sign of many more wonderful things to come!