Yesterday I called BCBS to get clarification on our benefits. After waiting on hold for at least 15 minutes, I spoke to a nice girl who basically told me what I already knew. Our plan will cover office visits and diagnostic tests/labs (10% co-pay on the latter, up to a $2200 maximum for the year), but nothing related to actual treatment or meds. They also won't cover sperm or embryo storage, which is another large, long-term expense of ours.
I just e-mailed the office manager of the new clinic I found a couple months ago, telling her about our new insurance, and asked if she could give me a ballpark figure of what a treatment cycle with them might cost. We need to get an idea of what we may have to shell out from our own pockets.
Now I'm tired and need to tear myself away from this computer -- and the "Seinfeld" re-run on TV that I've seen a thousand times -- and get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment