Monday, June 15, 2009

That's Appealing

On the advice of the "insurance guru" at our prospective new clinic, I am going to write an appeal letter to both the president of our company as well as BCBS. I'm not getting my hopes up, as the rules seem to favor them, but I am going to lay it all out there and plead our case. I hope to convince them that our need for IVF coverage is essential in order to give us any chance at having our own children, and that our case smacks of medical necessity if anything ever did.
Fellow bloggers, have any of you ever tried to appeal your lack of coverage with either an employer or insurance company? I'm looking for any tips I can get on what to say and how to say it.
I've decided to hit my employer with his letter towards the end of this week. I'm hoping that timing this plea within a few days of Father's Day will tug at his heartstrings. I know it will tug at mine.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm glad you are going to do this...proud of you! Here is a link to Resolve's website with tons of insurance info including a sample letter:
http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lrn_ic_caw

Hope it helps!
Court