Monday, October 10, 2011

Please Join Us Tonight at 9

Today I sent this to those we know and love:

Dear friends and family,
I'm writing to you again to ask for your prayers for Mike. He has been in the hospital since Aug. 30, when he was admitted to try a new five-day chemo regimen. After finishing the chemo, we began the wait for his body to recover and for his body to begin producing new, healthy white blood cells. As of today, that hasn't yet happened.
Mike has been on numerous antibiotics and antifungal medications for weeks, trying to control various bacteria and fevers in his system. So far, the doctors have been able to control things as well as possible with medicine, but ultimately what Mike needs is for his own immune system to return. The doctors performed a bone-marrow biopsy two weeks ago, and found the marrow to be empty -- no sign of leukemia cells, but also no sign of new normal cells. They plan to repeat the bone-marrow biopsy this week.
More than ever, we need your prayers. By all reasonable accounts, Mike's body should have recovered by now. Needless to say, the doctors are quite concerned with the lack of recovery, as well as the persistent fevers and infections. We ask that you add Mike to any prayer lists you may have, and to ask for the prayer support of those you know. The doctors are doing all they know how to do, but we need the power of prayer to pull him through this. Specifically, these are the areas of prayer needed:

-- for Mike's bone marrow to begin producing healthy, normal immune cells (whites and neutrophils) which will pull his body out of its current sickness and extreme vulnerability ******most important******
-- for Mike's infections to be brought under control and that no new infections pop up
-- that Mike's fevers, chills and nausea subside so he is less dependent on symptom-management medication and so that he is able to eat
-- that no more cancer recur in any part of his body, especially the marrow
-- that Mike's state of mind improve and that he feel encouraged in the coming days and weeks
-- that the wonderful hospital staff here continue to do all they can within their abilities to get to the bottom of this situation

I am asking you all to take a few minutes tonight, Monday the 10th at 9PM eastern time, and pray for Mike's improvement. Please encourage those you know to join us at this time as well and stand in agreement for Mike's healing. One thing I've been learning from a dear friend (thank you, Rene') is to not only ask God for Mike's healing, but to expect it. We need people who will stand on God's word and promise of healing and a future for Mike. Please stand with us and believe in this healing.

Love,
Lauren

7 comments:

Miss Tori said...

Lauren, I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been keeping you and Mike in my prayers, and will continue to pray for you as you grieve your loss.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry for your loss ,you and your family are in my prayers ,i pray god that you get through this.

-rash

Anonymous said...

Dear Lauren,

I was so upset to hear the terrible news about Mike. It must be such a shock to you and your family.
There are so many people around the world thinking of you and we are here to support you.
Caroline x

I Believe in Miracles said...

Praying for you friend. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lauren Y. said...

lauren-I am so incredibly sorry. My heart aches for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for sometime but never posted before. I just found out about your loss and want to express my deepest sympathies. I'm praying for you. "Jesus wept" he knows your pain.

Celia said...

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your husband. Please accept my prayers.