Friday, July 30, 2010

Dipping My Toe Back in the Water

Now that we're back from vacation and need to get re-focused on our goals and priorities, we decided to re-schedule our consultation with the potential new RE. We will meet with him on the morning of September 13.
As you may recall, we were scheduled to meet with him last November (on our wedding anniversary, actually) in the hopes of starting another cycle in February or March of this year. Three days before that meeting was to take place, we got the news of Mike's last recurrence and once again we were thrust into survival mode. All else was shoved to the back of our minds. Now, we're ready to once again toy with the idea of attempting to become parents. It's just talk, but it's better than survival mode. I want to meet with this doctor and see what he's like. I want to hear his opinion about our case based on the records that were sent over to him. I want to pepper him with questions, and (hopefully) hear him calm my ever-increasing uneasiness about now being 35 (and a quarter, not that I'm counting or anything....).
I am simply amazed at how fast time is going -- the days, the weeks, the seasons -- and I don't want to waste any more time. When we finally decide we're reading for blood work, injections, ultrasounds and the rest of the IVF whirlwind, I want to have all our ducks in a row and hit the ground running.
Let's roll.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It looks like you had a lovely vacation! I wish you luck with your upcoming appointment. Cycling creates so many emotions but for me, not cycling created so many more. Hang in there my friend ~ September will be here before you know it! :)