Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy (Mothers-to-Be) Day

When I spoke to my mom this morning about our Mother's Day visit this weekend, she said to me, "And I hope that next year you'll be celebrating Mother's Day, too." I told her that if that were to happen, I'd have to get cracking right away, but that won't be happening. Then I changed the subject.
I don't know when I'll join my mom and nana as the recipient of Mother's Day wishes, but I hold dear to the hope that it will be soon. For all you mothers-in-waiting out there, I wish the same.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Thinking of you Lauren. Hugs. x

SJCAfirst said...

I think this "holiday" will always be bittersweet for me. Even as I think about trying to celebrate the first one all those old feeling of years past are coming back. I will be thinking of all moms-to-be tomorrow because it can be one of the hardest days of the year. (((hugs))

apieceofwood said...

It's a difficult day, I felt this year as the most difficult yet.. ((hugs))

Jenn said...

Mother's Day is hard. We love our own mother's and grandmothers so much that we want to celebrate them but it's hard when there is still a large void in our own lives. I hope you made it through okay.