I’m sick with a head cold. At least it’s not swine flu, but I don’t like being sick. After all my efforts and precautions to keep Mike away from sick people, I’m the one who gets sick. Mike seems to have a touch of it, but he’s fighting it off like a champ. His stem cell donor must have been Superman!
I'm stuffy as anything, have watery eyes and wish I could just veg out on my couch until it passes. On Monday and Tuesday nights, right around bedtime, I got the chills and ran a small fever (between 99 and 100), but last night there was no fever. I think I’m starting to get over the hump. I’m still very, very stuffy, but not as bad as yesterday. The worst of it is my nose – I look like Rudolph’s twin sister. What makes it even more lovely is that it’s so raw from me blowing it every 15 minutes (and that’s not an exaggeration), that it’s dry and beginning to peel. To be blunt, it looks like I have snot all over my nose. I feel like everyone here at work is looking at me and wanting to say, “Um, yeah…… you’ve got…… something…..right there……”
No comments:
Post a Comment