Monday, September 8, 2008

Left Behind

I just found out that one of the friends I grew up with is 11 weeks pregnant. She and her husband having been trying for the past few years, and her second IVF attempt finally worked. She’s got premature ovarian failure, and had been considering using donor eggs. I learned this via e-mail, as she called me and left me a message last week but I hadn’t yet returned her call.
I’m very happy for her, as I know how crushed she’s been about having this trouble, and seeing all her friends and family have babies. But, in my selfish moments (one of them being right now), it was nice to have a friend who was going through something similar to me. We did our first IVF cycles at the same time, and we’ve been supportive of each other throughout our trials. Now, she’s moved on and I’m no further ahead than I was 17 months ago. In fact, I feel further behind than ever before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. Its nice to have someone know what you are going through and be going through it with you - once they get pregnant they no longer feel what you feel and all you feel is that you are stopped and the rest of the world is moving on with your life. You want to move on too but you can't. I get it. Unfortunatley I do.