Friday, November 18, 2011

You're Still the One

Last Sunday, November 13, was our seventh wedding anniversary. I spent the day with Mike's large family, having dinner at my sister-in-law's place. We tearfully watched our wedding video, and smoked cigars in Mike's honor.
Each day now seems to be getting worse instead of better. I don't know how to live life without my perfect partner. I feel as though part of me has been amputated.
I now wear Mike's wedding band on a silver chain around my neck. You're still the one, baby.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I was thinking about you today. I hope you are doing as well as can be expected. I'm so glad we live in a time where we have all kinds of technology to help us remember the loved ones who have gone on before us. It is a blessing.

Courtney said...

Thinking of you. I really can't find any words to say. Big hugs

I Believe in Miracles said...

Continuing to pray. Praying for you especially as the holidays are coming too. I know it's going to be hard. BIG HUG!

Jenn said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing very well lately but glad to hear you spent such a special day with Mike's family.
Often times it does seem to get worse before it gets better. I hope things start looking up again for you soon. I didn't know Mike but I'm sure he wants you to find comfort and peace in knowing he's not sick anymore or in any pain.
Take care,
Jenn