"Facing the Giants" became one of my favorite movies within the past year. I had never even heard of the film until Mike's friend loaned us the DVD. The movie is about facing the challenges in our lives, whatever they may be, and learning to give them up to God when we realize we can't handle it all on our own. The film also has a special meaning for me, since the sub-plot deals with infertility.
This scene always inspires me, and it makes me cry every time I watch it. What I take from it is this: NEVER write your situation off as a loss. KEEP GOING even when it hurts, and even when it seems too hard. We are always stronger than we think we are. Sometimes, it just takes someone else to point that out.
My virtual therapist for dealing with infertility, cancer, faith and the rest of life's trials.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Facing Our Giants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lauren - thanks for sharing this. I have a lump in my throat as I type this. I'm really at the place where it hurts so much that I want to give up. This video is truly inspiring. Would you mind if I embed the code on my blog too?
I'm going to need to look for the movie - I hadn't heard of it till now!
I needed this too!! Girls if you haven't seen this movie--you need to watch it with your DH...it is so inspiring.
Post a Comment